Action 21’s Re-Useful Centre accepts and sells donated goods to reduce the number of useful items going to landfill and to raise money for sustainability projects in the local community. If a donated item is of insufficient quality to sell, we break it down into parts to either recycle or sell in the Re-Useful Centre.
- Helping to break down poor quality donations into their constituent parts, such as metal, wood and plastic
- Sorting recycling ready for removal from the Re-Useful Centre
- Sawing wood for sale as fire wood.
Skills/previous experience sought
- Ability to use tools safely, such as saws, hammers, electric drill and angle grinder
- Happy to work outside under cover
- Able to follow procedure
- Able to use initiative
- Can work as part of a team.
Minimum age: 16
Benefits of the role
- Excellent work experience, especially for people pursuing a career in manual trades and the environmental field
- Training and support is provided
- A reference is provided on request, on satisfactory performance in role
- We believe that volunteers should not be out of pocket for donating their time and effort and so we make a contribution to volunteers’ travel expenses
- Tea, coffee, soup and biscuits are available
- You’ll be part of the great team of Action 21 volunteers who volunteer at the Charity’s Re-Useful Centre.
- Mon –Sun
- Volunteers usually commit to a minimum of one shift (9.30am-1pm, 1-4pm) but please speak to us about your circumstances are there is some flexibility.
- The Re-Useful Centre